From the time immemorial, people have divided their life in two phases pre -retirement and post retirement
- Enroll in a good school.
- Excel at studies as well as extra curricular activities.
- Enroll in a college.
- Excel to get a good job.
- Excel at job to get promoted.
- Get promoted to earn more money.
- Buy a home.
- Get married.
- Have kids and then start the same process from them
- As the kids grow up plan for your retirement.
- Invest in some retirement plan.
- Postpone all your desires and wishes to retirement .
- Live off ur savings and meagre retirement benefits on medicines and maintenance expenses
- For those who remain healthy visit a few places and then settle back to a routine life, looking forward to grandchildren visits.
Sums up whole life…:(
For people who find this normal, nothing against them….enjoy \m/
But for me ….. a big NAAAAAA…
This is not how i want to spend my life…. almost halfway through the pre-retirement phase (recently Happily married) 😀
My question is why wait till retirement to do things u want to do now???
is it worth struggling so much and ending life with ‘what ifs’?
- What if I had started my business?
- What if I would have approached her/him first?
- What if I had eaten that pizza?
- What if I would have learnt dancing?
- What if I had done all dis before ?
and many more…..
I don’t want to spend my life regretting the decisions I took, even if they were not right, atleast i could be happy that whatever happened in my life good or bad, is because I listened to my heart , and your heart is never wrong .
Mr. husband feels the same, but says it is not the right time…:/ He finds no logic in this #software techie grrrrrr!
My questions to Mr. Right time?
where is right time?
How would we know your arrival ?
Do you knock like Mr. opportunity?
why do you take so long to come?
For me the right time is now… and I intend to fulfill all my dreams , no matter how crazy they may sound ! I wont enlist them here , because i firmly believe:
“Actions speak louder than words “.
Mr. Right time is with me , and I would make sure to enjoy every minute with him!
P.S. : How does reading your favorite book , overlooking tea estates from your balcony, while sipping your green tea, in your cottage on the misty blue hills sound to you ?
Yay to my dreams!